A variety of resources are available for instructors/providers to enhance their practice. If you have questions regarding these materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HealthCare Partnership Resources
Announcing Virtually-led Nicotine Addiction Continuing Education/Certification Program Resources to Support Participants and Instructors!
For Participants attending a University of Arizona HealthCare Partnership Virtual Nicotine Dependence Treatment Certification Program: Participant Guide with tips, explanations, instructions and images to enhance your virtual learning experience. Six page, 8.5 inches wide by 11 inches tall, full color, booklet.
For HCP Certification Instructors planning to teach a University of Arizona HealthCare Partnership Virtual Nicotine Dependence Treatment Certification Program: Facilitator Guide with tips, descriptions, instructions and images to help immerse yourself in the teaching – learning experience. Fourteen page, 8.5 inches wide by 11 inches tall, full color, booklet.
A compendium of patient/provider and instructor resources used in the course work are available. Please contact email@example.com for details and pricing.
- PowerPoint Presentations: Topical tobacco control 1-hour presentations.
- Provider Tools: Instructors use as part of course design. Gives step-by-step guide to delivering evidence based intervention.
- Pharmacotherapy Companion Guide: The Pharmacotherapy Companion Guide serves as a supplemental resource to the Basic Skills and Treatment Specialist certification courses. The Guide is composed of in-depth information regarding medications for the treatment of nicotine addiction. The Guide integrates case studies examining medication assisted treatment for nicotine addiction while treating for other co-morbidities.
- Patient Self-Management Tools: Instructors use as part of course instruction. Provides point-of-care verbiage to support people during quit attempts.
- Instructional Videos: Instructors use as part of course design. Videos demonstrate evidence-based interactions and explore information specific to tobacco control.
Native American Resources
Click the links below to download available attachments.
- Strength to Quit Pocket Guide
Patient resource with tips to strengthen decision to quit using commercial tobacco and an 800 number to call for help. Cardstock, 8 inches wide by 3 inches high, full color, with 5 panel vertical fold lines, double-sided.
- Provider Tool Clinician Flow Chart
Clinician resource with the 5 A’s Model (Ask, Advise, Assess, Assist, Arrange) step-by-step instructions to help someone quit using commercial tobacco. Cardstock, 9 inches wide by 6 inches tall, full color, with 3 panel vertical fold lines, double-sided.
- Table Tents
Office or lobby resource with two smiling children and the message Smoking Kills People We Love. That’s Why We Ask About It Every Time. We Offer Help In Quitting. We Follow Up At Every Visit. Coated cardstock, 8.5 inches wide by 11 inches tall, full color, single-sided with a 2-panel horizontal fold line.
- Stay Healthy Life Matters Self-Management Trifold
Patient resource with benefits of quitting, negative results of continued use, an evidence-based quit plan, and tips for before quitting and after quitting commercial tobacco. Cardstock, 12 inches wide by 7.5 inches high, full color, with 3 panel vertical fold lines, double-sided.
- Why Do I Smoke? Smoking Checklist
Patient resource with a 22-row table to track the Date, Time, Place, how you were feeling, and your sense of urgency when using commercial tobacco. Cardstock, 3.75 inches wide by 7.25 inches high, full color, double-sided.
- Basic Tobacco Intervention Skills for Native Communities
Accredited eight-hour continuing education/certification course emphasizing evidence-based brief interventions for the treatment of nicotine dependence. Participant Guidebook contains seven modules, 173 pages, 8.5 inches wide by 11 inches tall, full color, coil bound booklet.
- IHS Fieldbook
Evidence-based system-level interventions for implementing tobacco control into the primary healthcare setting. Participant Manual contains nine sections, 243 pages, 8.5 inches wide by 11 inches tall, full color, coil bound booklet.
- Maternal and Child Health Companion Guide: The Breath of Life
The Breath of Life Companion Guide serves as a supplemental resource for the Basic Tobacco Intervention Skills Certification for Maternal and Child Health course, as well as the Basic Tobacco Intervention Skills Certification for Native Communities. The Companion Guide introduces learners to culturally responsive methods and techniques to treat commercial tobacco dependence specific to Native Women and their communities.
- Commercial Tobacco Use Status Card
Sample questions to determine the commercial tobacco use status of pregnant and/or postpartum women. Business card size (1.5 inches wide by 2.5 inches tall), full color, double-sided card stock.
- Native Adapted Flipchart for Face-to-Face Presentations: Breaking the Hook
The Breaking the Hook: Quitting Commercial Tobacco Misuse Flipchart serves as a supplemental resource for individuals working within Native communities. It enables teachers to present in a small group setting without the need for audio-visual support. Graphics on the Flipchart were designed by Native children and youth.
- Speaker Kits
Clinician continuing education program with six sections and a sample PowerPoint presentation to prepare you to do presentations for Health & Human Service Professionals regarding Tobacco Dependence Treatment. Three-ring binder, 8.5 inches wide by 11 inches tall, full color, double-sided.
- Native American Reports
The power of possibility… fostering strong healthy Native communities is a resource to support cessation in tribal healthcare settings, including the Basic Tobacco Intervention Skills Certification for Native Communities. The report is a seven section, 94 page, 8.5 inches wide by 11 inches tall, full color, booklet.